Tuesday, March 15, 2022

My Top 5 Media Sources - Blog Post #1







In today’s society there are a lot more ways to hear about the news. Whether it is on social media, over the radio, or even on national television. Since there are so many different news sources, people often wonder where they should be getting reliable information from. I have listed below my top five favorite media sources where I rely on getting my daily news from. 

Although it may not be one hundred percent accurate all of the time, I tend to get a lot of my daily information and news from one of the world’s most popular apps, TikTok. I would say that I use TikTok on a daily basis and I found out most of my information just by scrolling up and down through the app. I would not consider it a reliable source of information, but it is an easy way to spread the news about a specific topic because it is an easy access news source that most people have on their phones. I would not recommend it because the app only wants to show you what you want to see, hence the “For You Page” that they provide when you first open the app. 

When you want to find information about today’s pop culture, I would say People Magazine is the place to go. I always see this magazine when I am in the store waiting in the checkout line and I cannot help myself to pick up the magazine and start reading. People Magazine focuses on the latest celebrity gossip, which can be a guilty pleasure of mine and I am sure others can relate as well. If you want to find information about your favorite celebrity I would recommend this magazine for entertainment purposes only because I do not consider gossip to be a reliable or credible news source.

Another one of my favorite media sources is NBC News. I would recommend and consider this a reliable source because they state real facts and also use their fair share of opinions. They use videos and  interviews to inform their audiences of breaking news events and information. They also do a good job at being accessible to all audiences by displaying their news online, on national television, and even through social media platforms.

I also like to receive my daily news from Fox News. This media source shares your latest updates by the use of broadcasting on national television. Although they do tend to lean towards the more conservative side, I believe they still provide solid and reliable information that are supported by facts and data. They also cover stories that are happening worldwide to inform their audiences. I recommend this media source because it is reliable and accessible on your phone or television. 

Lastly, my fifth favorite media source is The New York Times. I took a Journalism class my senior year of high school and I absolutely loved it. We worked with The New York Times a lot as a reliable media source. With easy access to their writings online they provide various different topics suited for certain audiences. It is an easy way to find reliable information rather than rummaging through numerous newspapers. I would definitely recommend this source because they solely focus on providing written and factual information rather than broadcasting news on television for entertainment purposes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Effects of Technology - Blog Post #12

          Technology and social media has made a huge impact in my life. From the moment I first downloaded my first social media app, Insta...